This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

cannot open file error

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:22 AM
I saved what I though was a normal project in cmdr, and when i tried to open it, it gave an the error listed in the title. I compared properties of both the uncooperative file and another file that opens and works fine, and there seems to be no differences. Can anyone help? thanks,
Sep 14, 2016 at 9:24 AM
hey sparkletrees,

where did you try to open the tsi file you mention? did you get an error in traktor? i can try to investigate the issue if you please attach the uncooperative file. so we can see if the error can be reproduced to rule out an issue on your system.
Sep 14, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Thanks a lot acidbuddha,

Here's the situation:

-I was copy and pasting mappings from the traktor default mappings to a new generic midi mapping I was building from scratch.

-sometimes when I saved my new partly finished generic midi project in cmdr, it would not open back up and would display the listed error instead.

-I soon discovered that saving with 'encoder' mappings pasted into the generic midi device tab made this happen; pasting over any other mappings from the traktor default tab did not corrupt the file.

-also, when saving a cmdr file with a traktor default mappings tab with 'encoder' mappings still present open, alongside a generic midi tab with no 'encoder' mappings, the file opened successfully again, but with the traktor default mappings tab automatically and mysteriously removed upon reopening.

-also, no, I did not get any traktor error or message, and in fact, the corrupted cmdr files open fine as mappings in traktor.

This is all I know right now :) thanks for any insight
Sep 15, 2016 at 4:40 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2016 at 7:30 AM
okay, i just reproduced your error and the issue has been filed. i´ll update this as soon i got news. ty.

in the meantime:
  • to avoid this error you must not save a tsi file with a device that has encoder-based commands where none of those commands have a MIDI binding. this produces the error.
  • so, please put an "alibi" encoder command and make it have like Ch.01 Note C0 just to make sure you have at least one MIDI binding on an encoder command, then you´re safe.
Sep 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2016 at 8:04 AM
Problem solved with new version 0.9.5
Marked as answer by TakTraum on 11/7/2016 at 12:04 AM